Mosquito Facts You Need To Know
Mosquito Facts You Need to Know:
- Mosquitoes are attracted more towards Women than they are to Men!
- Want to avoid being bitten by these little winged creatures? Wear light shaded clothes. Mosquitoes are attracted to the heat retained by darker clothes.
- Of the 3000 different varieties of mosquitoes around the world, 176 are found in the United States.
- Only the female mosquitoes bite. The male ones do not have the capability to pierce skin.
- The life span of a female mosquito is 3 to 100 days while the male mosquito is between 10 to 20 days.
- Mosquitoes are attracted to humans because of the Carbon dioxide we exhale and the sweat generated .You now know how important that Shower is!
- A mosquito can drink up to three times its weight in blood.
- Mosquitoes are one of the largest agents in spreading human diseases.
- A Mosquito doesn’t actually kill humans by its own merit. They however help in spreading fatal diseases such as Malaria, Dengue, Yellow Fever, Encephalitis and so on.
- An estimated two to three million people die every year due to Mosquito related incidents.
- Children and kids are more prone to mosquito related diseases.
Updated at 4/1/2022 8:50:10 AM